Roasted Pumpkin with Soba
Noodles and soups always go, don’t you think so? This version is loaded with vegetables, and as always, simple and nourishing.
You’ll need: (per portion)
- (The ingredients specified here are for one serving. One packet of Take Home Soup Pack would make 3 servings)
- 200g Roasted Pumpkin soup (~1 big scoop)
- 100g cooked soba (~1 packet)
- 1 tbsp miso
- 45g cauliflower (cut) marinated with a little miso
- ½ piece beancurd
- 40g edamame (20g if peeled)
- 15g baby spinach
- Finely chopped spring onion
- Toasted white sesame seeds
- Shredded nori pieces for garnishing
- Heat the roasted pumpkin in a pot. Add 1 tbsp of miso and stir well till dissolved. Pour into a bowl.
- Blanch the edamame and spinach for about one minute.
- Peel the edamame after blanching.
- Blanch the soba in hot water, drain and place in the middle of the bowl, on top of the Roasted Pumpkin soup.
- Spread the edamame and spinach around the chilled soba.
- Pan-fry the miso marinated cauliflower for about 3 minutes.
- Cut the beancurd into cubes, and gently place them on and around the soba.
- Add the pan-fried cauliflower onto the soba. Top the dish with finely chopped spring onion, toasted white sesame seeds and shredded nori (seaweed). Serve and slurp!
Adding miso roasted pumpkin pieces or other miso roasted root vegetables is yummy too.
This dish can be enjoyed chilled too. The roasted pumpkin soup can be heated slightly to allow the miso to dissolve completely. Cool in the fridge before using. The chilled soba can be used from the packet immediately.