Spaghetti with Meatballs
A simple spaghetti gets a lift-off with some delectable meatballs seasoned with heady spices! We think it makes for a great potluck contribution for both adults and children!
You’ll need for Spaghetti:
- 1 Tangy Tomato with Basil Take Home Soup Pack
- 400g uncooked spaghetti
- 150g bacon, cut into pieces
- 6 soft boiled or sous vide poached eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
You’ll need for Meatballs (makes 20):
- 350g minced beef (option is to use all minced beef or minced chicken: not a problem with the taste)
- 350g minced pork
- 35g onions, blended
- 15g garlic, minced
- 100ml water
- 28g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10g corn starch
- Vegetable oil for pan-frying
- Mix all the ingredients well and round into 50g balls.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pan-fry in oil till golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water till al dente. For this step: coordination is key. I typically do not like to drain the spaghetti and cool under running water. Once the sauce is ready, transfer the spaghetti from the boiling salted water into the sauce. Mix well. It is ok, if some of the spaghetti water goes into the sauce.
- Heat up the Tangy Tomato with Basil soup till bubbling.
- Pan-fry the bacon till lightly crisp.
- Top with pan-fried meatballs and soft boiled eggs.
- Finish with sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste and grated parmesan cheese. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and freshly chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy!
Add some cherry tomatoes to the tangy tomato sauce.