Frequently Asked Questions
About Souper Life
1. What is Souper Life?
Souper Life is The Soup Spoon’s soup-based subscription programme. There are currently two soup subscription plans: 14-pack Souper Trooper plan which provides a monthly delivery of 14 soup packs and a 28-day Souper Diet plan that provides weekly delivery of 14 soup packs over 4 weeks.
It’s all about helping you live that balanced life you’ve always wanted, by fuelling it with real food and sustainable eating habits!
2. Is there any difference if I purchase the THSPs in outlet and if I purchase online via Souper Life ordering page?
- Firstly, the THSPs are delivered to your doorstep for free! You don’t have to lug the THSPS home yourself.
- There will be cost savings when you order any of our Souper Life plans.
- There are also bundled premiums (gifts) that come with the Souper Life plans, such as free THERMOS flask, glass bottle, SMART digital weighing scale etc.
- There are exclusive Souper Life THSP flavours such as the current Souperchef Specials and many more. Please note that the exclusive flavours are applicable for Souper Diet and 14-Pack Souper Trooper (All-in) plans only.
3. What are the Souper Life plans available?
Currently we have 2 plans available for Souper Life: 14-Pack Souper Trooper Plan – from $88 and 28-Day Souper Diet Plan – @ $588
4. What is the shelf life of the soup packs?
Our soup packs will stay fresh for 1 to 2 months in chilled conditions! All our soup packs undergo the High Pressure Processing technology, a cold pasteurisation technique that enables retention of the sensorial and nutritional properties of the food, destroys pathogens and extends shelf life. Taste only freshness and goodness in our soup packs!
5. What is the 14-pack Souper Trooper plan?
When you sign up for a 14-pack Souper Trooper plan, you will receive 14 packs of soup in every delivery. These will be delivered every month. There are 3 soup menus* to choose from: Classic, Premium or All-in.
Choose from Classic Take-Home Soup Pack flavours: Meatless Minestrone, Roasted Pumpkin, Tangy Tomato.
Choose from Classic flavours + Velvety Mushroom, Beef Goulash, Boston Clam Chowder, Peppery Chicken Hotpot, Tokyo Chicken Stew, SG Chieken & Mushroom Ragout.
* Prices of plans differ based on choice of soup menus.
Choose from Classic & Premium flavours + Beauty Collagen Stew, Barramundi Kimchi Jjigae, and current month’s 3 SouperChef Specials.
6. What is the 28-day Souper Diet plan?
Our signature 28-day Souper Diet plan is a guided plan designed to help you lose weight over 28 days. You will receive 14 packs of soup every week for 4 consecutive weeks. Subscribers to the 28-Day Souper Diet plan will also enjoy a full range of soup pack flavours!
7. What is the difference between 14-Pack Souper Trooper Plan and 28-Day Souper Diet Programme?
It depends on your Souper Life objective.
- If you’re just looking to go easy and just want soups at your convenience, then you should go for the 14-Pack Souper Trooper Plan.
- If you want to challenge yourself and are looking towards weight loss, then you should go for the 28-Day Souper Diet plan. This programme requries stricter commitment on your daily diet., and should be completed within 28 days (2 THSP a day).
8. How much weight can I lose if I go on the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
As with all weight loss diets, results will differ from individual to individual. Our pilot programme in the past year saw an average weight loss of 4.3kg after the 28-day programme. We are firm advocates of pacing yourself for the long run with good eating habits. Keep track of your progress weekly and not be obsessed with the daily numbers on the weighing scale. Change the way you eat, and the kilos will leave you naturally. The Souper Diet has got to be the best start!
9. Can I eat rice or bread with my soups in this 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
The 28-Day Souper Diet plan is a soup-based diet that controls your calorie intake using soup as a complete meal. To achieve the best results, we recommend that you consume the whole pack of Take-Home Soup Pack for lunch and dinner without supplementing with additional calories. A swirl of plain or Greek yoghurt as a condiment is fine.
10. Do I have to drink soup for breakfast too?
No, you don’t. Feel free to eat anything you fancy for breakfast so you can satisfy any cravings you may have. Of course, staying clear of greasy, deep-fried and fatty foods will get you more effective results from the Souper Life programme!
11. What if I get hungry?
Our body system may take some time to ease into the diet with readjusted amount of food. If you feel the need to snack between your soup meals, feel free to but do try stick to healthy snacks like fruits and yoghurt (plain or flavoured are both fine).
12. Do I have to follow a fixed menu during the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
We do not want to restrict you! Choose the soups that you enjoy and try some others that you don’t usually take! A useful tip is to take a heavier soup like a meat-based soup at lunch and a lighter soup for dinner.
13. What if I can’t finish one packet of Take-Home Soup Pack during the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
If you are a light eater, we suggest that you apportion some soup out and enjoy it for your tea break. The soups are meant to fill you up and nourish you, so don’t be afraid to finish up the pack! You can even take ‘half and half’, i.e. half a packet of one flavour, and half a packet of another flavour.
14. Do I have to exercise to see lose weight from the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
The 28-Day Souper Diet plan is a meal replacement diet that will yield weight loss results even without exercise. But of course, working up a sweat is always recommended for holistic well-being! Just remember to listen to your body and pace your exercise regime and lifestyle according to your energy level during the Souper Diet programme.
15. Can I take caffeine when I am on the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
We are big coffee and tea lovers ourselves! The answer is yes, please go ahead to enjoy your favourite cuppa, but in moderation, and preferably without the sugar and creamer. Trust us, good coffee and tea taste even better without all those sweeteners. Enjoy your caffeine charge without the unnecessary calories!
16. Can I still take sugary soft drinks when I am on the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
We say no to empty calories. If you need a little sugar boost, we recommend you to take coconut water that has natural sweetness, hydrates and replenishes your body with nutrients and essential electrolytes.
17. Can I take alcohol when I am on the 28-Day Souper Diet plan?
If you do need a drink, please go ahead and enjoy a glass or two. If you follow the Souper Diet programme strictly, you should still see weight loss results even with moderate alcohol consumption. Remember though that alcohol can contain high calories, so always drink in moderation!
18. The Take-Home Soup Packs are delivered chilled. How should I prepare my soups at work?
The Take-Home Soup Packs are delivered chilled for food safety reasons. If you have a microwave at work, simply follow the instructions on the pack. Otherwise, you will need to have the soups heated up at home and stored in a 600-750ml vacuum flask.
19. Why do I feel very gassy and flatulent when I am on the 28-Day Souper Diet plan? Is it normal?
Yes, it is normal. Nothing to worry about when your body is in a cleansing, detox mode. Sip your soup slowly for better digestion and reap the benefits of a cleaner, healthier and lighter body!
About the ordering process
1. How do I place an order?
Go to http://www.thesoupspoon.com/souperlife/. To place your order, you must be logged into your Souperholic account. Non-Souperholic members can create an account immediately.
2. What is the start date of my subscription plan?
Programme start date is based on the approximate delivery date of your first purchase. If you order on 1 Jan (Mon), your approximate delivery date will be 4 Jan (Thu). For the monthly Souper Trooper plan, your next scheduled delivery will be on 4 Feb. For Souper Diet, your next delivery will be on 11 Jan (Thu).
Any order that is made on a Saturday or Sunday will be processed on the following Monday.
Any delivery that falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays will be delivered on the following working day.
3. When is payment made for my subscription plans?
Monthly 14-Pack Souper Trooper plan:
Payment is made when you log in to select your soups for the next month. This flexible arrangement allows you to change between any of the 3 Souper Trooper soup menus when you are prompted 7 business days before your next delivery.
28-day Souper Diet plan
Payment will be made once-off upon ordering of this plan.
4. I will be travelling for two weeks. Can I temporarily stop my subscription?
Our Souper Trooper plan is a regular subscription plan but you can change or stop your orders at any time! You’ll pay per order when you log in to order next month’s soups, so you’re never tied into ongoing deliveries.
The 28-day Souper Diet plan is a guided plan to help you lose weight over 4 consecutive weeks so we will strongly recommend that you commence this only after your travels!
5. Can I choose the flavours for my deliveries?
Yes, sure you can! For the monthly Souper Trooper plan, you will receive an email 7 business days before your next delivery to select the soup flavours. The cut-off time will be 3 business days before the next delivery so you’ll ample time to make your selection!
For the 28-Day Souper Diet plan, similarly, you will receive an email 2 days after the last delivery to order the following week’s soups. The cut-off time will be 3 business days before the next delivery so take your time to choose your favourite flavours!
6. How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel the monthly Souper Trooper at any time. Payment is made only when you log in to select the next month’s soup flavours. In other words, if you do not log in to do your selection, your card will not be charged. Simply log in again to re-start your subscription anytime! It’s that convenient and flexible!
The 28-day Souper Diet plan is a guided plan to help you lose weight over 4 consecutive weeks and payment will have been made in full at the start of the programme, hence we are that we aren’t able to accommodate any cancellation for this plan.
7. When does the validity period start?
Programme start date is based on the delivery date of your 1st week’s purchase. For example, if you sign up on 15 Jan 2017 and delivery date is scheduled on 1 Feb 2017, your start date is considered as 1 Feb 2017.
8. What is the validity period?
Our 14-Pack Souper Trooper Plan does not have a validity period.
However, as our 28-Day Souper Diet Programme is a guided dieting programme, it has a validity of 4 weeks. Hence, you will need to finish your plan within the stipulated validity period.
9. Can I still purchase the Souper Life Programme if I’m not a registered Souperholic member?
All our Souper Diet Programme accounts are tied to the Souperholic programme, so you will have to sign up for a Souperholic account and log in to order. Our Souperholics enjoy great perks, so you certainly won’t regret coming on board as a Souperholic! You can easily sign up as our Souperholic member here and earn Souperholic points with every subscription purchased!
10. Can I continue to order my soups if my 28-Day Souper Diet Programme has expired and I have not placed all my orders?
We are sorry, but all Souper Life Programmes will expire strictly on the expiry date dated on your subscription.
11. When will The Soup Spoon credit my Souperholic Points?
For the monthly Souper Trooper plan, your points will be credited once you select your soups and make payment on a monthly basis.
For the 28-day Souper Diet plan, your points will be credited once you place the order for this plan.
12. Where can I view my purchase history and my Weekly Supply?
You can see your subscription(s) and the statuses (Ongoing, Done, Refunded etc) in ‘My Subscription’ page in your Souperholic account after you have logged in. Similarly, you can order your Weekly Supply from ‘My Subscription’ page as well.
13. Can I order more than one Souper Life Programme?
You may place multiple orders of the 14-pack Souper Trooper plan at any one time. You may even place the 28-day Souper Diet plan along with your current 14-pack Souper Trooper plan in one single order. However, you will not be able to order the 28-day Souper Diet plan more than once in a single order.
About the shipping process
1. Do I have to pay for delivery?
Standard courier deliveries for all subscription plans are FREE!
2. What is the mode of delivery and how long will it take?
Your order will be dispatched to our logistics partner, COOL TA-Q-BIN, within 1 to 2 business days. Thereafter, our logistics partner will deliver to you within 1 to 2 business days. The delivery window is from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm. Our business days are Mondays to Fridays (excluding Public Holidays).
Should you not be at home during the delivery, you can contact them to schedule for a re-delivery, free of charge! We work with COOL TA-Q-BIN so your soups will be constantly kept chilled in their trucks, with no worries about food spoilage!
3. Can I select any delivery date that I want?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to select your preferred delivery date. Orders will be processed from the day of ordering. So be sure to order only when you are ready for you Souper Life programme.
If you are not at home resulting to your orders being undelivered, you can contact our delivery partner, COOL TA-Q-BIN to re-schedule for a re-delivery FREE-OF-CHARGE.
4. Are there restricted areas in Singapore that you do not deliver to?
We generally deliver to all commercial and residential areas in Singapore. For the no-go zones, please click here.
5. How should I store my soup packs after receiving them?
We work with COOL TA-Q-BIN so your soups will be constantly kept chilled in their trucks, eliminating any potential spoilage during delivery.
Upon receiving your soup packs, please store them in the refrigerator immediately. They need to be chilled at 1-4°C at all times. If you wish to enjoy your soup packs elsewhere, simply take them out of the fridge and pack them in a cooler bag, or heat the soup up and transfer it into a thermal flask to have warm soup on the go!
Our soup packs will stay fresh for 1 to 2 months in chilled conditions.