We share Brazil’s love for all things coconut and tapioca! This classy dessert gets a tropical tang from the addition of luscious lemon curd and bite from freshly
shredded coconut. It looks so pretty fancy that no one needs to know it’s so easy!
Makes 50g serving
- 40g tapioca
- 380g coconut milk
- 180g water
- 36g sugar
- 1g salt
- 20g shredded coconut
- 5g lemon curd, for topping (see recipe below)
- Freshly shredded coconut, for topping
1. Bring the coconut milk, water, salt and tapioca to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Fold in the shredded coconut, cover and chill.
5. When serving, spoon the lemon curd (see recipe below) and top with
freshly shredded coconut.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 165g sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
1. Whisk whole eggs, yolks and sugar in a pan until smooth.
2. Place pan over low heat. Add the butter, lemon juice and zest and whisk
continuously until thickened.
3. Strain through a sieve into a sterilised jar. Lemon curd keeps, covered and
in the fridge, for about two weeks.