200g all purpose flour
6g baking soda
5 g cinnamon powder( can cut to half if you like it less cinnamony)
115g brown sugar
115g gula Melaka
115g eggs (2 large eggs)
115g coconut oil ( or extra virgin olive oil)
50g chopped walnuts
250g bananas mashed ( use really ripe ones)
1. Beat eggs with brown sugar, gula Melaka until smooth, add mashed bananas and mix well for 3 minutes.
2. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well on low speed for 5 minutes .
3. Pour in the milk, mix for 3 minutes. Add in oil and mix for 3 minutes. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
4. Pour into well greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan .
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 c for 50 minutes . Pierce a wooden pick through the centre and once it comes out clean, it is cooked.
Makes 1 loaf ( 1 kg)
Serving suggestion: Enjoy with mascarpone cheese and a drizzle of gula melaka. For a healthier version, enjoy with greek yoghurt and a drizzle of gula melaka.
I prefer it lightly toasted in the oven to give it a crispy exterior and a warm and soft centre.