Roast chicken is always a crowd pleaser, and in a generous bed of roasted vegetables, you have yourself a comfort meal of elegance and nutrition.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 200g baby potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 5 tomatoes, halved
- 6 Sadia chicken thighs, skinless with bone OR 3 whole chicken legs, skin on with bone
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp Basil Pesto[V]
- 4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Marinate chicken with 2 tsp salt, a pinch of black pepper and green pesto for minimum 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the potatoes, zucchini, onion, pepper and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin. Season with 2 tsp salt, pinch of black pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Lay the marinated chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the tin with foil and cook for 30 min.
- Remove the foil from the tin. Return to the oven and cook for a further 30-40 min until the vegetables are juicy and the chicken is crispy.
- Serve with more pesto if desired.